One of the fastest growing disorders in modern times is the malfunction of the Thyroid. The statistics show that the Thyroid condition is the most under-diagnosed health problem. There are millions of people suffering from Thyroid problems, but only a few out of those are diagnosed and treated, see positive results by taking treatment of thyroid in homeopathy.
Thyroid is a small butterfly-shaped gland, located in your neck, wrapped around the windpipe, and is located behind and below the Adam's Apple area. The thyroid produces several hormones, of which two are key: triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4). These hormones help oxygen get into cells, and make your thyroid the master gland of metabolism. Normally, of all the hormone produced by your thyroid, 80% will be T4 and 20% T3. Once released by the thyroid, the T3 and T4 travel through the bloodstream.
Purpose of Thyroid Gland
The purpose of thyroid gland is to help cells convert oxygen and calories into energy. The hypothalamus in the brain releases something called Thyrotropin-releasing Hormone (TRH). The release of TRH tells the pituitary gland to release something called Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH). This TSH, circulating in your bloodstream, is what tells the thyroid to make thyroid hormones and release them into your bloodstream.
Reasons for Developing Thyroid DiseaseYou have a higher risk of developing thyroid disease if, among a variety of factors:
- You have a family member with a thyroid problem
- You have another pituitary or endocrine disease
- You or a family member have another autoimmune disease
- You've been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- You've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia
- You're female
- You're over 60
- You've just had a baby
- You're near menopause or menopausal
- You're a smoker
- You've been exposed to radiation
- You've been treated with lithium
- You've been exposed to certain chemicals (i.e., perchlorate, fluoride etc.)